Garage door panels usually get damaged due to many years of wear and tear or misuse of the door. Well, whatever the reasons are, one should get these replaced with more suitable alternatives. And this approach is affordable as compared to repairing the garage door. So, are planning to replace your garage door panels? Then be aware of a few important things first. And these are what we have introduced in this blog. So, before you proceed, take a look at the following points.
Know the Crucial Things Before Replacing Garage Door Panels
Listed below are a few important things that you should be aware of before replacing garage door panels.
When Should You Replace Garage Door Panels?
If your garage door suffers structural damage, you should take this approach. Besides, the smaller moving object such as riding lawn mowers can also be the reason for damage. But don’t do it for the reasons, like blemishes in the paint, scratches, etc.
Could You Replace More Than One Panel?
Yes, you can do it. But remember, more replaces mean more expenses. Sometimes, the cost of replacing garage door panels is as same as replacing the door. Hence, it’s wise to take the advice from garage door experts in this regard.
What Are The Steps of Replacing Garage Door Panels?
1. After you buy the new panels for the garage door, order these in the right direction.
2. Do you have an automatic garage door opener? Then unplug it. After that, remove the garage door springs. But do it very carefully.
3. Now, the time has come to remove garage door panels. And keep removing these until you reach the one that needs to be replaced. Loose the screws until the panels come, and slide these off the track.
4. After sliding the rollers into the track, insert the panel into the slot. Keep it lowering down until the existing panel touches the new one. Then attach the panel by bolting or screwing it on.
5. After installing the new panels, reattach garage door springs and plug in the garage door opener. Then operate the garage door to make sure that the panels run smoothly in the track.
What Should You Consider Before Taking This Approach?
Before replacing garage door panels, you should consider the following things.
- The number of damaged panels
- The condition of other panels
- The age of the garage door
When Is Replacing Garage Door Panels Not Considered An Ideal Option?
If the panels get damaged because of age, the chance is high that your garage door has started deteriorating. In this situation, if you replace panels, the rest of the door may fall soon. Hence, it’s better to replace your garage door instead of panels.
Should You Do This Task on your own?
If you don’t have experience in doing this task, the chance is slim that you will get success. Hence, leave it to garage door experts.
We, Johnson’s Garage Door, can do this task efficiently. We offer this service at an affordable price. Read our other blogs to know more.